Brigitte Bardot

Brigitte Bardot

Wednesday 15 January 2014

My Online Questionaire(about and my results SO FAR )


I decided to go home and make a questionaire because I think it is much more useful, unbiased and easy to compare online. Instead of asking only people from my school i shared it using social media like facebook. I am so happy that i decided to do this, it was very hard work to do on my own  but i cant wait to show my group as I think they will be happy with the feedback and it will be useful to us because we can use it to find out what age group like thrillers and what they like. 

I found a good website online but you had only 10 days and then you had to pay, so i thought it was worth a try and I sent a nice email to them. They said i could use the questionaire site till the begining of August for free and upgraded me.

I wanted to find out what age people were so i could see the proportion of how many people liked thrillers and the average age of people answering the questions. This will be useful in finding out how many people prefer thrillers, what they expect from them and then I did an open question which interpretevists would favour. It will be useful in finding out "what attracts you (people) the most to thrillers" . 

We can then find out what attracts people to thrillers and use their feedback to help us when we shoot and make our thriller opening sequence. We can use many thriller conventions in our own opening sequence thriller and this is important to help attract people to our thriller

I think my online questionaire is useful, even though it isnt perfect and there are a few mistakes. I love how you can make pie charts and easily compare live  results and the results keep changing and getting bigger and bigger. 

Here is the link to my questionaire which i emailed and posted to facebook and twitter asking people to fill it out for me: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=rgu526z0t7ae51p476261&refer=www.freeonlinesurveys.com

Results:

Currently as I am writing about my results I have 59 people who have already already filled out my questionaire and for what we want to find out , this is more than enough people. 

Below are the questions I asked:



  • Above , you can see that mostly girls answered the questionaire but still a lot of boys did too.Over half of the people who took part ,were female.
  • 72.4% of the people who took part were 15-21 and this is very useful to us  because this is our target age for when we make our opening sequence to a thriller.


One person wrote a rude work above, apologies for this and this person was just being silly .I will treat it as an anomylous result(odd one out) .Most of the people that took part were in the Uk,this is also a mistake above because if people didnt live in the Uk they could press wither no or if not what counrty do you live in. From my live results which only i can log into , i also found that 2 other  people answered from outside the Uk who do not state where they come from, it tells me as it can see peoples location that 2 people from Holland took part in the questionaire. This is most likely my dutch family. I think it is useful how we have a few people from outside the Uk because we would wnat as many people as possible to watch our thriller if it was made into a movie 



Most people watch movies according to my questionaire via their computer (downlaoding or streaming ) 



These results above our very useful because i found out that the majority of people who answered were teenagers and that their overall favourite Genre was Thriller and that they expected most before watching a thriller that it would be tense,that they create tension. The second most popular answe was mystery which they try to solve. 

When we create our opening sequence to a thriller i will try include with my group conventions of a thriller genre and these things which i found out , 



People loved the "mystery" and "the build up of tension throughout the story" ,"the suspense" and "original plots", "twists.." and mant of these things above are what  59 different people like the most about thrillers. If we use a few of these different things in our opening sequence to  a thriller i am sure it will be successful.

I am very proud of my questionaire and look forward to sharing it with  the group. 

*update* now on the 8.05.14 there are many more responses to the questionaire around 82 people have answered it  but results havent changed too much , this just means it is even more reliable now!!Very happy because my results are more represntative as loads of people have answered my questionaire.



No comments:

Post a Comment